Friday, March 8, 2024

Agriculture in another Culture

 

 

Once all the berries were planted, Jake travelled to Ecuador for a 10 day tour of horticulture, gardens, & the Amazon rainforest with the National Association of County Agricultural Agents. Over the next few posts we’ll be sharing his adventures and travels on his quest to learn more about how other cultures do agriculture. Though this was his first time to Ecuador, it was nostalgic for both of us. For me (Amanda), I loved hearing all the stories and seeing all the photos because it reminded me of my study abroad to Ecuador in college. Jake even went to some of the same spots I had visited. It was nostalgic for him because he could see some similarities to his Peace Corps days when he worked with locals in agroforestry in the Dominican Republic.

 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment